As of Autumn 2023, The Gregg Preparatory School has become a partner school in the Pre-Senior Baccalaureate (PSB) group.
WHAT IS IT?
A PSB school offers an education that equips a child to be successful in the 21st Century.
The Pre-Senior Baccalaureate (PSB) https://psbacc.org/ is an assessment model that has at its heart the development of the values, skills, attitudes and behaviours required for children to succeed and flourish in an ever-changing world. Children are encouraged, recognised and celebrated in their achievements, and directly prepared for the next step of their educational journey. Embedded throughout their learning journey, they will develop the six principle learning skills of collaboration, communication, independence, thinking & learning, reviewing & evaluating and leadership.
THE PSB IS CENTRED ON LIFELONG SKILLS THAT:
- Develop flexible and adaptable intelligence
- Focus around the six key skills
- Promote individual learning
- Develop communication skills
- Inspire a love of learning
- Ensure that collaboration and teamwork are at the core of learning.
IN A PSB SCHOOL PUPILS WILL:
- Participate in an engaging curriculum that inspires independent thinking and intellectual curiosity
- Have opportunities to develop and demonstrate the six core skills
- Regularly reflect on their learning with feedback to inform progress
- Develop knowledge and breadth in all subject areas, each of which are equally valued.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR CHILD AT THE GREGG PREPARATORY SCHOOL?
The PSB requires us to adapt our curriculum to ensure that we are giving the children opportunities to develop each of the core skills, which will allow them to become independent learners in the future. By focusing on the core skills, children are best equipped to deal with the challenges and opportunities of senior school life and beyond. Your child will have opportunities during focused tutor time to reflect on the development of their core skills and will be able to identify within themselves how they learn.
By becoming a PSB school it allows us to share good practice with over 40 Independent Schools, who are a part of the group. We can ensure the strongest preparation for children’s acquisition of learning skills that will equip them to be ready for Secondary School and successful in the 21st century.
We are excited to start our new learning journey and have already begun to integrate the PSB programme of study into our existing curriculum. All of our teaching staff are now part of a PSB training programme.
More information about the Pre-Senior Baccalaureate (PSB) can be found by visiting the website: www.psbacc.org